.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Bye Bye Daddy, bring me a snowglobe

or, a sandglobe considering where he's going.

Seth left at 4:30pm to head to Cairo for 4 weeks.  He's been away for much longer, but it's been a long time since he's traveled for work.  We also didn't have The Wook when he was away either. 

He's going to see how he likes Cairo, how he will work out in the office and to check out the city and see if it's a good fit for our family.  I'm counting the hours until he comes back.

In the meantime I'll be at work and taking on the role of a single mom.  I already have much respect for single moms and stay at home moms from my maternity leave.  This is going to be difficult!  Luckily we have such an amazing support system of friends and family who will be here to visit.  My mom will be here for a week and Sara will come for a weekend.  I'm so excited to have their company and help.

I love you Seth.  I can't wait to pick you up at the airport.

1 comment:

  1. it was a long journey getting here. the 5 hour layover is paris was torturous, and the sleepless night makes it worse. why is it so hard to sleep on a plane? those seat are awful! off to the office today to meet everyone, then who knows what! since tomorrow (friday) is the start of the weekend (its a holy day), perhaps i'll get to see some sights. i'll see what i can do about the snow/sand globe too!

    ReplyDelete