.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cold Winter in Egypt?

It's cold in Cairo!  Not like the people who aren't accustomed to cold weather so they think it's cold cold, but actually cold.  I had no idea it would be cold here!

If I knew how I'd put the 10 day forecast right here, but I have no idea how to do that as my internet skills are terrible.  However, just know that the low tonight is 43.  To top all that off is the fact that homes in Cairo aren't built to retain heat.  They're actually built to push it out.  Last night Seth and I were catching up on our shows and we both looked like Nanook of the North. Even with our heater on we were freezing cold. Good thing I bought the entire fleece footie pajamas collection at Carter's for Benjamin (it was buy one get one free!).

That's us.  That's what we look like.

Also, when the wind hits you it's pretty jarring.  I've heard that's the desert wind.

I will say that's it's awesome to have actual consistent weather.  Everyday highs in the low 60's and lows in the 40's.  Every single day.  I'm loving that!  Not like when we were back home and it would jump from 70 to 80 to 60 to maybe 40.  Sadly it was not a cold Christmas in Louisiana this year.

So I'm glad that I figured what the hell and brought every single piece of clothing we own.  We're good on coats and layers. Which is nice.  Because we need them to stay warm indoors.









No comments:

Post a Comment