.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Egyptian Lemon Juice

Egyptian Lemon Juice is amazing.  I crave it on a daily basis.  Also- it's something that's seasonal.  Pssh! Who ever heard of this only eating fruits and vegetables when they're actually in season?! Madness!  So since it's seasonal I get it while the gettin is good, and oh man is this stuff good.

I tend to use this pic a lot.  I still swear the kid loves this stuff.

Lemon Juice on a ridiculously hot day at the Khan el Khalili Souk.


I'd see Lemon Juice on menus when we first came here.  I can not describe my love for all things citrus, so when I saw that I got excited.  However, I had visions of getting a full glass of pure lemon juice and then not knowing what to do about that.  I love a lemon, but not a pure lemon.  I was so happy when a friend of mine ordered it one time and I see this glorious concoction before me.  Lovely lemon aid style lemon juice, but with a total kick. Like a little zip to it.  Where is this flavor coming from?  The peel- it comes from using the peel along with the lemon.



We order it with mint- makes it off the charts amazing.

So now you can enjoy it at home.  You'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment