.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Our new digs

Blech.  We have to move apartments.

Which really sucks because we love our current apartment.  It's actually called a  flat, but I can't call it that even though everyone here does.  Because then I'll get in the habit of calling it a flat thus pulling a Madonna, and calling stuff by its international name.  However tempted to call fries "chips", because I end up having to call them that anyway, I won't do it!

Apartment, not Flat.  Pants, not Trousers.  Fries, not chips.  America, frick yea.

Anyway, since Seth's company has been taken over 100% by another company we are under their rules.  They have a no 1st Floor (but here it's Ground Floor) policy.  There is also a no villa policy, but we couldn't afford to live in a villa anyway.

I went by today because I wanted to see what some of our pictures would look like over there.  That's me, where one (Seth) sees functional space or if there are any gaping holes in the floor, then I'm the one wondering where our Christmas tree will go and where I'll hang our pictures.  Probably while Circus music is playing in my head.

So the pics shown below are our new place.  This is not our furniture due to most places here come fully furnished.  Sometimes you get lucky (like our new place) and sometimes you end up in a place that looks like it was decorated by Liberace:

Seriously. This decor is very popular in Egypt.  Why?  I have no answer.


So here is the new place. (We aren't moved in yet, hopefully by this weekend inshaallah):



View from the front door, right when you walk into the place.

Another view from the living room.  Pretty excited about the wood burning fire place.  Notice the pictures already (kinda) in place.


The kitchen


Benny's room.  I can't tell you how stoked I am that he will have  a bed like this.  And, most importantly, his cool Pottery Barn sheets fit it!

Master Bed Room

Another angle of the living room.

So, so long old place.  You were our first haven here in Egypt.  A spot that we came to really like.

Hello new place.  I'm sure that you'll soon be considered home too.

3 comments:

  1. I'm just picturing that nice bear rug in Benny's room now...beautiful! And some Liberace candlesticks on the mantle - hell yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Egyptians love them some ornate furnishings. And Benny would totally love a polar bear rug....hmmm...ideas for the future

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks monstrous! Can't wait to have the 6 toddler play date over there and christen the new place... :).
    I'll bring the G&T's this time...

    ReplyDelete