.

Friday, October 21, 2011

The day Dr Khalek came to our house

Tabibi 24/7 is a company here that makes house calls.  I was floored to find this out when we came last year, and was extra floored to find out that they don't just come for emergencies but they also come for vaccinations. 

So, Benjamin got his flu shot today.  No crying ( just a little when he got the shot), no stress, no rushing to get out the house and fight traffic. 

Dr Khalek could not of been nicer, his English was perfect and Benjamin immediately liked him.  He took time to explain their services, the type of vaccine he was going to use and his opinions of how home visits for Pediatrics are the way to go.  He's 100% correct.  Benjamin's first week of life was spent schlepping to Texas Children's Hospital, some lab to get blood work and he Pediatricians office.  We did not spend one day at home relaxing (well, the best you can relax with a newborn baby).  Dr Khalek told me that for new babies he would order blood work from our house and the lab would....wait for it....come to our house!  I mean, I have no words.



You need this to listen to my heart?  Hows about I take it and hit it repeatedly on the table?  You cool with that?

I'm watching Baby Einstein, doc.  You go right on ahead with what you have to do here.

No comments:

Post a Comment