.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Planning the next year for travel

So, it's official, we have sold our house!  I'm so glad that whole thing is over, and we can start doing what we came here to do- save and what extra we have TRAVEL!

We are going to Dubai in two weeks.  We leave October 15th and will be there until the 20th.  I'm excited to go.  It will be nice just to get out of Cairo because we have been here since April.  From what I'm told it's good to get away every 4 months or so, so we're due.  That wasn't an option before we sold the house, but it is now.

I'm so excited to go to the beach (pics below), go to Mall of the Emirates where you can, oh I don't know...

Ski indoors!
No, we will not be skiing.  I don't want a broken leg (cough, Sean, cough).  It will still be cool to go see.  I wonder if you can just step inside for a minute.  I'm missing cooler weather.


and excited to go to Ikea.  Yea, I'm a nerd.  I love Ikea and the one in Cairo isn't ready yet. Coming Soon in Spring 2012 inshaallah.

Some pics of Dubai that I've found online.  Actual pics and stories to come.  Stay tuned!

Cool picture, however camels are gross.  They're totally gross.  Just so you know

A good picture of Dubai's coast.  That hotel cost a bajillion trajillion dollars to stay in it.  Also, it's not like you can just walk in and see it either- you have to have a reservation for dinner.  And that's also a bajillion trajillion dollars too.  Keeps the riff raff out ie: me.  They even have VVIP status because VIP just isn't good enough. 

When two worlds come together.  This is just like when we went to Ain Soukna except I don't rock a bikini. 


Then we come back to Cairo and start getting ready to leave for home!  Oh I can't tell you how excited we are to eat not gross hamburgers (local beef here is all kinds of sick), eat some gumbo, eat ham, drink good wine (local wine here is all kinds of sick) and, best of all, see family and friends.  We miss everyone so much and can't wait to see you.  And for you to feed us pork products and good beer when we do see you.

Bienvenue En Louisiane


and this one for my little Texan


and this one so Texas knows what's up. 

Then we come back to Cairo in January to be back to our normal.  Until May!  Dad, Mom, Sean, Amie, Christopher and Charlie are coming to visit us in late May.  We're so excited!  We are going to look into Nile cruises and other things to see that we haven't done yet. 


Nile Cruise

Like go see cool stuff like this (Valley of the Kings)

and this (St Katherine's monestary at Mt Sinai)
Then we head back home in July.  I may go back with the family when they leave.  Plenty of time to decide that...

But July holds another journey for us in the land of Meh-hee-koh.  Benjamin is going to stay in the US while mom and dad travel to this place for our friend Brad's wedding.  So excited! 

When my child wakes up at 5:30am (which is often) I think "July...in July you'll get to sleep in"

Then it's back to Cairo.


Then....then who knows? 

Two places that are an option are Munich and France. I'm dying to go to Munich.  It's a direct flight, it's one of the top 10 cities in Europe to travel with kids and it's downright awesome looking.   I was trying to get us to Munich this month, but with Dubai we can't go.  It's not going anywhere, so we have time to visit.

Munich. Gross, what an ugly city.  Blech.


and also, since my husband likes him some cycling, there is this



No, he won't be riding in it.  Just going to see it.


I'm so excited for all the things our future holds. Mainly the idea that we will soon have a future that consists of pork, good wine and good beer.  This is important.  Oh, yea, and family too.  Y'all rule.  Buy ham in mass quantities when we visit you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment